You are here:
Home > Contractor Registration
The Cuyahoga County Code requires all Contractors doing more than $10,000.00 in business with the County annually must be registered with the Cuyahoga County Agency of Inspector General (“AIG”). If you meet certain limited criteria, you may be exempt from the registration process.
The following Contractors DO NOT need to Register with the AIG:
- Contractors who meet one of the following County approved exemptions are not required to register with the AIG:
- Political subdivisions, public utilities, and other governmental entities.
- Persons or entities that receive either direct payments or reimbursements from the County for the emergency purchase of items required to serve basic needs, including, but not limited to, temporary foster care providers and grocery or department stores that accept vouchers for basic needs.
- Court reporters or expert witnesses in connection with civil litigation or criminal prosecution.
- Persons or entities that receive County funds through a County-sponsored rebate program, including, but not limited to, the County Storefront Renovation Rebate Program.
- Accrediting bodies.
- Other exemptions (listed on the AIG Website)
Contractors whose annual aggregate amount of contracting with the County is $10,000.00 or less in a calendar year DO NOT need to register with the AIG. If any unregistered company exceeds the $10,000.000 threshold during the course of the year that company must immediately register with the AIG.
It is the Contractor’s responsibility to track their annual aggregate amount of contracting with the County and to comply with all registration and training requirements if their annual aggregate amount of contracting will exceed $10,000.00.
Mandatory Registration for Contractors over $10,000 in a Calendar Year
Contractors whose annual aggregate amount of contracting with the County is over $10,000.00 in a calendar year must register with the AIG by completing the following:
- Completion of the online Contractor Registration Form;
- Signing or Affirming the online Ethics Certification Form,
- Completion of the 30-minute video ethics training; and
- Payment of a $100.00 registration fee.
A representative from each non-exempt Contractor must successfully complete an ethics training program provided by the AIG within 15 days of submission of the Contractor Registration Form and Ethics Certification Form to the AIG. The ethics training program can be completed through the Ethics Training Page on the AIG’s website.